Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kylie vs Frozen; it begins

Ooooh man. Even before Frozen came out I knew it and I would have a Very Difficult Relationship. Once it did, I realized I hadn't known the half of it. I, overall, dislike Frozen. I'll leave my opinions to myself, they aren't relevant to this retelling of events, but needless to say you can dislike something and find it extremely, distractingly inspiring. The potential in Frozen gripped me by the shirt and demanded I pay attention. I fell in love with Elsa (as someone with anxiety and depression, her struggle left me personally invested) and couldn't help but feel she deserved to be in a better picture.

I especially took issue with how her song, 'Let it Go', was handled. The character animation lacked the passion in Idina's performance. The anger, the betrayal and vindication in lyrics was glossed over. At first, it was just three little sketches



Aaaand the next thing I knew


I was 45 seconds into reboarding the whole song. 




Whoops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment