Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kylie vs Frozen; Delle and Bavlos

The first chunk of Let it Go reboards was finished in early December. It wasn't until mid January that I picked it up again.

In the meantime, I still had Plenty of Thoughts about the movie and changes that could be made within. One of my beefs was with the character Kristoff. He was supposed to be part of the Sami--indigenous people of Scandinavia and Norway that, up until they were forced to assimilate, were much closer physically to the Inuit of North American than the blond, blue-eyed character we were presented in Frozen. He also lacked any actual ties to the Sami culture outside his outfit and pet reindeer (by law, only Sami people can raise reindeer) and his heritage was never mentioned in the film.

Basically dude didn't need to look white and was hurting for some actual community.

So, I gave the guy a sister. And a different name. Because.

I was also inspired by the easter egg of Rapunzel and Eugene showing up at Elsa's coronation, an idea I took and ran with for these set of pseudo-boards




No comments:

Post a Comment